What is Rotary?
Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and around the globe. The 1.2 million Rotarians who make up more than 34,000 Rotary clubs in nearly every country in the world share a dedication to the ideal of ‘Service Above Self’.
Rotary is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian service and encourages high ethical standards in all vocations. Rotary clubs are open to people of all cultures and ethnicities and are not affiliated with any political or religious organizations.
There’s something that all Rotary club members have in common: We take action. As community volunteers, we reach out to neighbours in need. We build, support, and organize. We save lives. We work locally and globally.
Around the world and around the corner, the 1.2 million men and women of Rotary
- Get involved in their communities
- Connect with other professionals
- Share their time and experience with young people
- Support global causes, such as eradicating polio
- Use their skills to help others
Whether you’re a veteran volunteer or new to community service, we’re looking for people like you.
The Rotary Club of Kiama
The Rotary Club of Kiama was chartered in 1952 with 28 charter members.
One of the earlier projects was to create a parkland near the famous Blowhole and, later, to develop unique stone wall town markers to each of the villages which make up the Municipality.
All aspects of Rotary Service have been undertaken and supported by Kiama Rotarians working with the local community. Club members have undertaken overseas volunteer service and the Club provides substantial financial and moral assistance to international and local charities from our various fundraising ventures.
The club supports The Rotary Foundation, the world’s largest non-government educational and humanitarian organisation, and the Club is very proud of its efforts to improve international understanding, goodwill and peace.
The heritage of the local area, both natural and manmade, is very dear to Kiama Rotarians and many projects have been undertaken to ensure that sensitive areas are maintained and preserved for future generations to enjoy.
The Rotary Club of Kiama has over 40 active male and female members and is involved in many varied local and international projects such as:
- Provision of free Mental Health First Aid courses
- Construction of local parks and recreation areas
- Support of youth programs such as Young Driver Awareness, Youth Leadership Awards, National Youth Science Forum and Model United Nations Assembly
- Funding of water supply projects in Thailand and Papua New Guinea
- Construction of school buildings and supply of birthing kits in Papua New Guinea
- Support of global initiatives such as polio eradication and peace scholarships
and much more
Why not come and join us? It is not always serious business; we also have a lot of fun and fellowship at the same time!
We meet each Monday at the Kiama Leagues Club in Terralong Street Kiama at 6:30 pm for 7:00 pm. Guests are most welcome.
If you are interested,please e-mail email@example.com to contact the Club Secretary.
Our Mail address is
Rotary Club of Kiama Inc
PO Box 226
Kiama, NSW 2533